One thing that has caused me quite a few problems with my WiX installer was optionally displaying a dialog to enter SQL information when the database is installed.
I may change the database to be a critical element of the intall, but I thought this would be a good share.
To set the next button to display based on features chosen in the feature tree, you can do someting like this:
<publish dialog="CustomizeDlg" control="Next" event="NewDialog" value="SqlSetupDlg"> 1 </publish>
Where “Database” is the name of the feature you want to install.
Other access prefixes are:
- (none) Installer property: Value of property (Property) table.
- % Environment variable: Value of environment variable.
- $ Component table key: Action state of the component.
- ? Component table key: Installed state of the component.
- & Feature table key: Action state of the feature.
- ! Feature table key: Installed state of the feature.